Stinging Insect Control in Mt Clemens
In order to protect their nests, wasps and yellow jackets will sting, which can be at best, a painful annoyance, or at worse, causes a deadly allergic reaction in some. Typically, in late spring and summer, we start to get inquiries regarding wasps and other stinging insects, and what can be done to get rid of them and their nests. Wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets can be beneficial insects since they prey on other pest insects that destroy your garden flowers and plants. However, in the late summer months they start to look to human food sources, hovering around garbage cans and outdoor food areas. If wasps or yellow jackets feel their nest is in jeopardy, these insects will sting. Because wasp stings can cause severe allergic reactions in people, having them nest in your yard or under your deck or eaves can be very dangerous for you and your family.
Don't let stinging insects control your backyard! Give our licensed team a call at (586) 250-0302 for a free estimate.
Keeping Stings at Bay
In order to limit stinging insect activity on your property, there are a few precautions you can take to make your outdoor activities less attractive to wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets, and keep yourself and your family safe from their stings.
Some common precautions include:
- When eating outdoors, only put the food out once everyone is ready to eat, and make certain to put all food away when finished.
- All trash should be put into a trash can with a tight fitting lid.
- While eating outdoors, if a food or drink spill occurs, clean it up immediately.
- Avoid using scented cosmetics and flowery perfumes while spending time outdoors.
- With fruit bearing trees or bushes in your yard, keep the area around them clear of decaying fruit, as stinging insects may be attracted to the decaying fruits and berries.
- While doing yard work, avoid wearing loose fitting clothing and always wear gloves, shoes, socks and other clothing items that fully cover your body.
- If being chased by a wasp or other stinging insect, avoid sudden movements which may threaten the insect and cause it to be more aggressive.
There are many ways to curb wasp and other stinging insect activity around your home, but it is very dangerous to try to destroy a wasp or hornet nest on your own. The only safe way to fully eliminate wasp nests and the nests of other stinging insects on your property is to contact our professionals at Elite Pest Management, we have the tools and the know-how for safe and effective nest removal.
Extended Licensing & Experience for Each of Our IPM Certified Applicators
Full Range of Services - Residential, Commercial, Industrial
Serving Homes & Businesses in Our Community for 20 Years
Local Family-Owned Business Focused on Customer Service & Care